All queens are marked to make them easy to find and to monitor performance.
Available May 2021
Old Sol Survivor Nuc
Old Sol Survivor colonies come complete with:
- A 2021 double vetted, mated, marked queen
- 4 frames of bees and stores
- 5 frame corrugated plastic box
- 1 gallon frame feeder with cap and ladder system to prevent drowning and burr comb
Why a Gallon Feeder?
A gallon feeder acrts like a nectar flow. It helps prepare the colony for comb building and expansion once hived.
- Breeders are selected from a pool of over 2,500 colonies
- Selected for hygienic behavior Selected for low mite counts
- Northern bred for winter hardiness and no Africanized genetics
- All Breeder queens tested by the Bee Informed Partnership
- Selected for rapid buildup Fly at cooler temperatures
- Excellent honey production
- Mated queens are vetted for 3 weeks to assure a quality brood pattern, and a high acceptance rate